I have seen over the years that piece of me feeling like everyone at one point or another leaves your life. So for a long time I thought no one was worth spending time with, if they were eventually going to leave. And the times I couldn't avoid someone I would do anything in my power to abandon them. So I could feel abandoned by them, even though I was the one pushing them away.
Little by little I have been learning that there are more people in life that want and desire to stay. But only if you allow yourself the opportunity. I think that abandonment is an illusion, it may very well feel absolutely real but it is not concrete. When I put myself in the other people's position and think of all the people I have had a connection with or I have loved in my life; it is then when I realize I never left them. They exist in me. I would never abandon them. So that must mean that there's a possibility that people in turn feel that way about me. I like to think you can push away a body, but the souls know better.
So now instead of leaving I am looking forward to staying. To appreciating the people who have stayed and stuck it out with me when I have tried to push them away. I know it's a long road to travel ahead and many bad habits to conquer. But I look forward to not feeling abandoned anymore.
stay at the table ! excellent post girl; cuz what do u know i am the same :]
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Kenny!!! The best feeling in the world is to know... you are not alone. :):) xoxo!
ReplyDeleteI like it when you say abandonment is an illusion. I agree. We all have to choose to view everything that hurts or that brings us distress as an illusion...then there is no way those nasty things can take control over us. That way we would probably be happy all the time. Would't that be lovely? I guess this is the point where we invite our little 'relojero' man...time will give us the mastery on the illusions of life. Love u!!
ReplyDelete